Any company desiring to engage in the tree care business in Maple Grove must apply to the city for a license. Please follow these guidelines to complete the application process:
- apply to the city by completing the tree removal and treatment license application
- submit to the city the application fee of $50.00
- file with the City Clerk a Minnesota insurance policy or certificate
- affix and display a license certificate (sticker) on the upper half of the driver's side door on each vehicle used in tree care. The sticker(s) will be provided at the time the license is issued.
- renew the application and license annually on or before February 1 (including the fee)
- persons or companies providing tree service must possess current certification as an arborist from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or hold a post-secondary degree in urban forestry, arboriculture, or an equivalent area of study
- persons or companies providing tree service must be registered with the Minnesota Commissioner of Agriculture
For details and specifics on the above procedures, please see the applicable City Ordinance, Sec. 14-159.
Application, payment and other required documents may be mailed to:
City of Maple Grove
ATTN: Engineering Department
P.O. Box 1180
Maple Grove, MN 55311-6180