Lakes & Water Quality
Maple Grove has many beautiful lakes to enjoy. There are trails throughout the City that offer scenic views of the lakes for people who enjoy hiking and biking. There are also several beaches for those hot summer days.
Make a Difference - Improve Minnesota's Lakes and Streams
If you are interested in ideas for improving Minnesota's lakes and streams, please see this informational brochure for ten pointers.
- Maple Grove Lake Quality Report - 2015
- Eagle Lake Water Quality Report Card
- Cedar Island Lake Water Quality Report Card
- Lake Water Quality Values - 1995-2014
- Lake Modeling Results - 1996 Stormwater Management Plan
- Maple Grove Local Surface Water Management Plan
- Map of Maple Grove Local Stormwater Management Plan
- Public access information
The Minnesota DNR has a good website detailing what to do if your home has inadvertently been mapped in the floodplain. Click here for more information. Scroll down to the "Types Of Map Amendments" and look at "LOMAs using LIDAR guidance" hyperlink. The City will help you by providing the LIDAR map that you will need to prove your home is not located in the floodplain. To obtain the FEMA floodplain-LIDAR for your residence in Maple Grove click here and specify your address.
FEMA Flood Map Service Center
If you have specific questions about wetlands, watersheds or flood plains, please contact the Water Resources Engineer.