Launched in 2014, the Maple Grove Farmers Market Power of Produce (PoP) Kids Club engages kids in the market. PoP Club members receive purchasing power that allows them to make their own food choices from the wide array of fresh, vendor grown produce.
Here are the details on this exciting adventure!
- Program runs Market Thursdays (July 16 through October 1, 2015)
- Specially designed for and open to kids ages 4-12
- No cost to participate
- Program includes PoP club bag, PoP punch card, weekly $2 market token
Each week of the club, we'll have a special PoP tent set up. Once a child comes to the tent and joins (parent or guardian permission/signature required), they will receive:
- The first mark on their PoP club card (kids can get a mark each week of the program)
- A special PoP Club logo shopping bag (one per club member)
- Their first $2 token (To purchase fruit, vegetables or food-bearing plants. Tokens can be saved and spent at a future market for a larger purchase.)
The PoP tent is where club members come each market Thursday of the program for their $2 token and mark on their PoP card. Kids can join the club anytime during the program period.
In addition, kids of all ages are invited to participate in occasional activities/demos geared towards making healthy food choices and exploring and enjoying the bounty of the farmers market.
Based on a format established by the Oregon City Farmers Market, the Power of Produce initiative seeks to develop the next generation of healthy eaters. Help your kids get hands on with good food choices this summer.
Become a PoP Sponsor to help support the next generation of healthy eaters. (.PDF)