What’s going on in Community Development? As we begin to say goodbye to what seemed like a short summer, and hello to my favorite season – Fall, I’m hoping for cool weather and colorful leaves for all of us to enjoy and for the growth of our City to continue. As I peek over my shoulder I can see work is steady on the senior residential community named SilverCreek on Main. Also, Central Park is coming along at a fast pace and will be a fine addition to our town. The Skye at Arbor Lakes apartment community has opened its first phase as did its neighbor Bottineau Ridge.
The arrival of fall signals many new commercial development opportunities as we pull farther away from the recent economic downturn. Here are a few new commercial developments currently being considered:
- La-Z-Boy Home Furnishings and Décor: This is a proposal to construct a 13,640 square foot home furnishing store.
- The Point at Arbor Lakes: This is a proposal to develop the property at the Northeast quadrant of Hemlock Lane and Elm Creek Boulevard into multiple uses including retail, hotel, restaurant and office/office-warehouse/research & development uses.
Residential growth has remained steady. Below are a number of new residential developments coming to Maple Grove:
- Stonegate at Rush Creek: a 21 single-family detached residential lot subdivision.
- Lakeview at Central Park: 21 single-family detached residential lots and approximately 37 attached homes.
- The Neat Pig Addition: dividing 2 properties into 3 single-family residential lots.
Keep apprised of new retailers coming to town in this blog or on the City’s main web page!
A good resource to get information directly e-mailed to you about the different Residential and Commercial projects that are going forward to the Planning Commission and City Council is to E-Subscribe to our Agendas and Minutes. Our Agendas/Minutes are e-mailed out twice a month. Click above to sign up. There are other topics to sign-up for as well.
Dick Edwards, Community Development Director