The Assessing Department is responsible for establishing the estimated market value and determining the property classification of each parcel of property located within the City of Maple Grove on an annual basis for the purpose of property tax allocation.
Property valuation and classification processes within the city are based on Minnesota Statute and comply with the standards and directives of the Minnesota Department of Revenue. The Assessing Department appraises property at market value and classifies property based on actual use.
The Assessing Department is also responsible for:
- Processing and maintaining the homestead status of residential properties
- Maintaining property records based on physical property attributes
- Conducting annual quintile property reviews of established properties
- Conducting property reviews based on new construction and building permits
- Administering the appeals process including the Local Board of Review and Equalization
- Administering programs related to property assessment and classification
The Assessing Department is committed to providing equitable and uniform assessments throughout the city in a professional manner while assisting our residents and members of the public with assessment related matters.