The Highway 610 construction project continues to progress.
- Ramp from westbound County Road 81 to westbound Highway 610
- Ramp from eastbound Highway 610 to eastbound County Road 81
(Additional work to continue this winter and next spring)
- Transportation Management System installation
- Lighting in the County Road 81 tunnels and along the project area
- Curb and gutter
- Bridge painting
- Turf re-establishment
Highway 610 is a vital east-west link for the expanding northern suburbs. The construction of the final 2.5 mile segment connects I-94 in Maple Grove to Highway 169 in Brooklyn Park and serves as a relief valve for the heavily congested I-94. Highway 610 also provides opportunities for continued commercial and industrial growth along the corridor.
The project has received funding through the State's Corridors of Commerce Program which aims to increase highway capacity, improve the movement of freight, and reduce barriers to commerce statewide. This project has been developed through a partnership with MnDOT, Hennepin County, and the City of Maple Grove. As a supplement to this information, please see the 610 Brochure that was distributed at the 2013 Open House.
Key Milestones for the Highway 610 Project During the 2016 Construction Season:
- Highway 610 is now connected to I-94 and open for traffic.
- Maple Grove Parkway is now open to traffic between 99th Avenue and County Road 81.
- The new 105th Avenue Bridge over I-94 is now open to traffic.
More information regarding summary of work, schedule, cost, area map, location, benefits and project layout may be found on the MnDOT website.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact the City of Maple Grove Engineering Department at (763) 494-6350 or send an email.