Maple Grove issues permits for limited hunting of deer, geese and turkeys. To hunt in the city, you must possess a valid deer, goose, or turkey hunting permit signed by a designee of the Maple Grove Police Department.
To recieve a permit to hunt, you must:
- Complete the permit application and include the signature of the landowner(s) giving you permission to hunt in a specific location.
- Return the completed application to the Hunting Coordinator at the Maple Grove Police Department.
- Pay a fee of $15 for deer or turkey hunting or $10 for goose hunting.
- Attend a hunter orientation class.
2017 Hunter orientation classes will be held at 6:00pm at the Maple Grove Government Center in the Emergency Operations Center (lower level) on the following dates: (I.D. is required to attend)
2017 Hunting Requirements:
2017 Hunting Rules and Regulations (.PDF)
All Maple Grove hunters, no matter of age, are required to show proof of possessing a Firearm Safety Certificate, advanced hunter education, or bow hunter safety certificate (archers only).
For general information on firearm safety training, or to request a duplicate firearm safety certificate, call 888-646-6367 or 651-296-6157 or visit the DNR website.
Archery Turkey Hunting:
2017 Fall Season: 9/30/2017 - 10/29/2017
2018 Spring Season: Dates to be approved by DNR
- Permit Application (.PDF)
- Map (.PDF)
- Survey (.PDF)
- Turkey Rules and Regulations (.PDF)
- Capable Partners Permit (.PDF)
Archery Deer Hunting:
Season: 9/16/2017 - 12/31/2017
Capable Partners Hunting:
Early Season: 9/2/2017 - 9/18/2017
Regular Season: Dates to be approved by DNR
Late Season: Dates to be approved by DNR