Property taxes are due on May 15th and October 15th of each year, property tax payments are administered and collected by Hennepin County.
Property tax payments can be made at the Hennepin County Service Center in Maple Grove or the Hennepin County Government Center located in downtown Minneapolis. The links below can provide more information on property tax payment options that are available through Hennepin County.
The link to Hennepin County Property Taxation also provides specific information related to:
- Property Taxes Due
- Current and Prior Year Property Taxes
- Assessment Value
- Tax Parcel Description
- Sales Information
Additional information regarding the property taxes for a specific property can be located by conducting a Property Information Search with Hennepin County.
- Property Taxes-FAQs (.PDF)
- Market Value and Appeals-FAQs (.PDF)
- Why Property Taxes Vary from Year to Year (.PDF)
- Watch a video explaining why property taxes vary
Annual Assessment Calendar
- The Assessor’s Office determines the annual assessment and property classification. This assessed value and property classification is the basis for property taxes payable in the following year.
- The qualifying deadline for the full-year homestead classification.
- The deadline for an exempt property to file a property tax exemption with the Assessor’s Office.
- Hennepin county mails “Property Tax Statements” to property owners.
- The City of Maple Grove mails “Valuation and Classification Notices” to Maple Grove property owners.
- The City of Maple Grove conducts the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting. This meeting provides property owners with an appeal option for a property’s current valuation and/or property classification. Please contact the Maple Grove Assessor’s Office if you would like to attend the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting.
- The deadline to file an appeal with the Minnesota Tax Court.
- The deadline to file a Green Acres application with the Assessor’s Office for the current year.
- The first half of property taxes are due to Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County conducts the County Board of Appeal and Equalization. This meeting provides property owners with a continued appeals option for a property’s current valuation and/or property classification. You must first attend the Maple Grove Local Board of Appeal and Equalization, if you wish to attend the County Board of Appeal and Equalization please contact the Hennepin County Assessor’s Office.
- The deadline for senior citizens to file for the property tax deferral, for the following year’s property tax.
- The deadline to file Property Tax Refund Returns with the Minnesota Department of Revenue (Form M1PR).
- The second half of property taxes are due to Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County mails “Truth-in-Taxation” notices to property owners.
- The City of Maple Grove conducts the “Truth-in Taxation” hearing.
- The qualifying deadline for the mid-year homestead classification.
- The deadline to file for the homestead classification for the current year’s assessment with the Assessor’s Office.