Volunteer to care for your community's trees
Maple Grove is looking for volunteers to help care for your community's trees, and we want you to help. There are many ways you can be involved. The most common and easy ways to help are to take part in community tree plantings, watering new trees, and pruning trees. Are you interested in more?
Maple Grove is hosting tree steward and citizen pruner training this spring and summer to help community members get involved with caring for the city's public trees.
Details for each training are listed below.
The Tree Steward class, taught by the University of Minnesota, will:
- help volunteers and community members learn how to properly plant trees
- teach about the different species of trees
- teach about symptoms of concern to monitor
- teach ways to water trees
- provide an introduction on how to prune trees
- show how to help monitor the health of trees so they will thrive for many years
The Pruning class, taught by the University of Minnesota, will:
- help volunteers learn proper pruning practices on young trees
- help volunteers gain confidence through field experience with trained teaching staff and community members.
All training is held at 9030 Forestview Lane North, Maple Grove MN 55369. If you are interested, please click here to sign up.
Tree Pruning Class:
- Wednesday March 1 from 1pm-4pm (Pruning only)
- Thursday March 2 from 5:30pm-8:30pm (Pruning only)
Tree Steward Class:
- Tuesday March 7, 2017 from 9am-4pm
- Tuesday March 7 and Wednesday March 8 from 5pm-8pm
- Wednesday April 5 from 9am-4pm
- Tuesday April 5 and Thursday April 6 from 5pm-8pm
- Tuesday May 9 from 9am-4pm
- Tuesday May 9 and Wednesday May 10 from 5pm-9pm
- Tuesday June 6 from 9am-4pm
- Tuesday June 6 and Tuesday June 16 from 5pm-8pm