Volunteer to care for your community's trees
Maple Grove is looking for volunteers to help care for your community's trees, and we want you to help. There are many ways you can be involved. The most common and easy ways to help are to take part in community tree plantings, watering new trees, and pruning trees. Are you interested in more?
Maple Grove is hosting another free tree steward training this summer to help community members get involved with caring for the city's public trees.
Details for the free training are listed below.
The Tree Steward class, taught by the University of Minnesota, will:
- help volunteers and community members learn how to properly plant trees
- teach about the different species of trees
- teach about symptoms of concern to monitor
- teach ways to water trees
- provide an introduction on how to prune trees
- show how to help monitor the health of trees so they will thrive for many years
All training is held at the City's Public Works building, 9030 Forestview Lane North, Maple Grove MN 55369. If you are interested, please click here to sign up.
Tree Steward Class:
- Tuesday, September 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.