Scattered Site Rental Housing Program
The City of Maple Grove operates a Scattered Site Rental Housing Program (SSRHP) which currently rents 28 income-restricted units to families with children. View information and screening standards (.PDF) on the SSRHP or call the Community Development Department at 763-494-6043.
Apartments, Multi-Housing Rental and Senior Housing
If you are looking for a place to rent in Maple Grove, view a list of apartments, multi-housing rental, senior housing and location map.
This nonprofit company builds, renovates and manages rental apartments and townhouses throughout the metro area. For information about locations and vacancies, call 651-291-1750; for information about new housing developments, call 651-290-6228 or visit their website.
HousingLink is the Twin Cities metropolitan area’s primary source for vacant rental properties and affordable housing-related data. If you have questions, visit their website or call 612-522-2500.
Metropolitan Council HRA
The Metro HRA administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program for Maple Grove residents. The Rent Assistance Program utilizes the existing private rental market to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing opportunities for low-income seniors, disabled individuals, families, and singles at an affordable cost. If you have questions, view their website or call 651–602–1880.
Minnesota Housing has information for first-time homebuyers, home improvement loans, foreclosure assistance, reverse mortgage counseling, and rental programs. For more information, visit them or call 651-296-7608 or 1-800-657-3769.
Hennepin County Housing Rehabilitation Program
The owners of single-family, owner-occupied properties (including duplexes) may be able to receive housing rehabilitation assistance in the City of Maple Grove provided that funds are available and that the household meets eligibility requirements. For more information, see eligibility requirements or call 612-348-9260.
Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin
CAPSH provides information on homeownership, post purchase and foreclosure prevention services, homeownership classes, reverse mortgage information, energy assistance and financial management. For more information, visit CAPSH or call 952-933-9639.
HOME Line is a Rental Tenant Advocacy Organization that provides free legal, organizing, education and advocacy services so that tenants throughout Minnesota can solve their own rental housing problems. Home Line works to improve public and private policies relating to rental housing by involving affected tenants in the process. If you are a tenant and have a rental question, visit the HOME Line website or call 612-728-5767.
Homes Within Reach/West Hennepin Affordable Housing Land Trust
Provides benefits of homeownership to individuals and families that are otherwise unable to buy a house. If you are interested in purchasing a home and wish to know how to qualify and become an eligible home buyer, please contact them or 952-401-7071.
Minnesota Multi Housing Association Landlord/Tenant Hotline
The Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MHA) is a state-wide nonprofit trade organization. With nearly 2,100 members representing more than 250,000 housing units throughout Minnesota, MHA is the voice of the state's multi housing industry. If you are a landlord or tenant and have questions, visit the MHA website or call 952-858-8222.
- Anoka County Community Action Program – www.accap.org – 763-783-4747
- Attorney General’s Office - Landlord/Tenants Rights & Responsibility – www.ag.state.mn.us – 651-296-3353
- Christians Reaching Out in Social Services (CROSS) – http://crossfoodshelf.com – 763-425-1050
- Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity – U. S. Department of Housing & Urban Development – 612-370-3185
- First Call for Help – United Way 211 – www.unitedwaytwincities.org – 651-291-0211
- Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery – www.crisisnursery.org – 763-591-0400
- Hennepin County – Economic Assistance Program - How to apply for assistance – 612-596-1300
- Hennepin County - Economic Assistance Program for families with children-How to apply for assistance - 612-596-1300
- Hennepin County HRA or Rehab Loans – Housing Development and Finance – 612-348-9260
- Hennepin County – Human Services & Public Health Department – 612-348-4111
- HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies
- Minnesota State Department of Human Rights – www.humanrights.state.mn.us – 651-296-5663
- Northwest Hennepin Human Services Council – www.nwhhsc.org – 763-503-2520
- Northwest Minneapolis Community Support Program (mental illness) - http://www.resource-mn.org/ – 612-752-8300
- Think Small - Leaders in Early Learning - www.thinksmall.org - 651-641-0305
- Volunteers of America for Seniors – http://www.voamnwi.org/ – 612-331-4063
- West Hennepin Community Outreach–Employment & Career Development – West Hennepin Community Outreach Project - 952-546-0616
If you have additional questions, please contact the Community Development Department or call 763-494-6040.