Each year the City holds two clean up events, one in the spring and one in the fall. Each event involves:
- Curbside pick-up (items may be picked up at the end of your driveway); and
- Clean-up day (items may be dropped off at the Public Works Facility, 9030 Forestview Lane, in Maple Grove).
The City's Fall 2014 curbside pick-up day will be Monday, September 29, and clean-up day will be Saturday, October 4, from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Please see payment information below.
All items to be picked up and for which payment was made in advance, are to be placed at the curb no later than 7:00 AM on pick up day. Items may be placed at the curb the evening prior to the event to avoid being missed.
If you have questions, feel free to contact the Engineering Department at 763-494-6350.
The chart below indicates items that are part of these programs and the disposal cost of each.
Clean Up Day
Curbside Pick Up Day
Dehumidifier, dishwasher, dryer, freezer, furnace,
garbage disposal, humidifier, microwave, refrigerator,
stove, trash compactor, washer, water heater
No pick up
No pick up
Tires - passenger car (no truck tires) without rims
$10.00 trip charge* plus $2.00 per tire
Tires - passenger car with rims
$10.00 trip charge* plus $5.00 per tire
(limit 10 tires total)
Scrap Metal - swing sets, barbecue grills, bicycles, aluminum and steel window frames (no glass), metal doors, metal gutters, etc.
No pick up
*Only one trip charge applies per address
Payment for Curbside Pick Up Services
Payment will be due by September 25, 2014. Checks may be mailed or brought in to the Government Center and made payable to the "City of Maple Grove".
City of Maple Grove
Curbside Pick Up Service
P.O. Box 1180
Maple Grove, MN 55311-6180
NOTE: Please remember to include your address and a list of the item(s) to be picked up.
Electronics will not be accepted at these clean up events. All electronics can be brought to the Hennepin County Recycling and Transfer Station, 8100 Jefferson Highway, Brooklyn Park (612-348-3777). Most electronics can be brought to the Maple Grove Best Buy store, 12905 Elm Creek Boulevard (763-416-6300). Please call either option for specifics on the items that are accepted.
- All gas, oil and non-metal items must be removed from items being disposed of as scrap metal.
- Water softeners are not considered an appliance, so they can be disposed of in the regular trash. The charge on clean up day will be $22.00 for water softener disposal.
- Propane tanks and scrap metal are not part of the curbside pick up.
- For gas and ammonia appliances, please call 651-454-9215 for a price quote
- The City/recycling company retains the right to refuse any appliance deemed to be in such compacted or destroyed condition which prevents the proper removal of hazardous material or refrigerants according to law.
- These events are for household waste only. Waste from businesses will not be accepted.