The Hennepin County Recycling Center is located at 8100 Jefferson Highway. Households and residents are provided with a year-round opportunity to safely and properly dispose of hazardous items and recycling. Businesses may not use the center for disposal. However, Hennepin County offers grants to businesses to increase recycling.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays, Mondays, and holidays
Open to residents of Hennepin, Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Ramsey and Washington Counties
- Organics now accepted at Brooklyn Park drop-off facility (No Charge)
- Household hazardous wastes – adhesives, cleaners, fluorescent bulbs, thermometers, paints, oil and other automotive fluids (No Charge)
- TV's, computer monitors, laptops ($10.00 fee)
- Computer peripherals, CPU's, mice printers, audio and video equipment, phones, rechargeable items such as tools, toothbrushes, toys (No Charge)
- Recyclables and scrap metal (No Charge)
- Appliances and tires (fees apply)
- Propane/gas cylinders (only one-pound, non-refillable containers) (No Charge)
- Mattresses and box springs (fees apply)
- Electric cords and string/holiday lights (No Charge)
- Batteries (No Charge)
- Media - CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, game cartridges, etc. (No Charge)
- Household needles and sharps (in sealed plastic container). See guidelines for proper disposal.
NOTE: Regular household garbage and trash is not accepted at this facility.
For a complete list of accepted items, hours of operation and a map to the site, please visit the Hennepin County Recycling Center and Transfer Station website. Hennepin County Environmental Services may be reached at 612-348-3777.
For guidance in knowing where to recycle or dispose of numerous different items, please click on this helpful link from Hennepin County: Green Disposal Guide
Hazardous Waste Video