The Hennepin County Recycling Center is located at 8100 Jefferson Highway. Households and residents are provided with a year-round opportunity to safely and properly dispose of hazardous items and recycling. Businesses may not use the center for disposal.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays, Mondays, and holidays
Open to residents of Hennepin, Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Ramsey and Washington Counties
- Organics now accepted at Brooklyn Park drop-off facility (No Charge)
- Household hazardous wastes – adhesives, batteries, cleaners, fluorescent bulbs, thermometers, paints, oil and other automotive fluids (No Charge)
- TV's, computer monitors, laptops ($10.00 fee)
- Computer peripherals, CPU's, mice printers, audio and video equipment, phones, rechargeable items such as tools, toothbrushes, toys (No Charge)
- Recyclables and scrap metal (No Charge)
- Appliances and tires (fees apply)
NOTE: Regular household garbage and trash is not accepted at this facility.
For a complete list of accepted items, hours of operation and a map to the site, please visit the Hennepin County Recycling Center and Transfer Station website. Hennepin County Environmental Services may be reached at 612-348-3777.
For guidance in knowing where to recycle or dispose of numerous different items, please click on this helpful link from Hennepin County: Green Disposal Guide
Hazardous Waste Video