The recycling drop-off center is located at 9331 Fernbrook Lane in Maple Grove (the corner of County Road 30 and Fernbrook Lane) and is open at the following times:
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays & Saturdays
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Materials accepted at the Drop-off Center:
- Newspaper (including advertising supplements)
- Mixed Paper
- Paper Board (cereal boxes, pop boxes, etc.)
- Cans (steel, tin, aluminum) – please rinse cans
- Corrugated cardboard - flattened, no plastic or other packaging mixed in
- Glass (clear, green, brown, or blue) – rinse glass and replace caps
- Plastic (types 1 through 7 and all plastic bottles) – rinse and replace caps
- Household Batteries
- Phone Books
- Shredded paper - in closed bags
- Automotive Batteries
- Used Motor Oil (not cooking oil)
Materials NOT accepted at the Drop-off Center:
Styrofoam, plastic wrap, microwaveable food trays, paper soiled with food, paper plates and towels, drinking glasses, dishes, mirrors, cooking oil, and containers that held hazardous products. Plastic shopping bags may not be recycled. However, several stores (such as Cub and Walmart) have receptacles in the store entrances for placing plastic shopping bags for recycling.
NOTE: Persons dropping off items not in compliance with the above lists (i.e., garbage, appliances, etc.) will be subject to a fine and the cost of disposal. The drop-off center is video-monitored 24 hours a day.