What is homestead status?
Homestead status is for owner-occupied properties used as their primary residence. Homestead status may qualify the property for a reduced classification rate, reduced taxable market value, property tax refund, and/or special program eligibility.
When can I apply?
After purchasing and moving into a new home, apply for homestead as soon as possible. You may apply for homestead at any time during the year.
If you own, occupy, and apply by December 31, you may qualify for the next calendar year's taxes.
How can I apply?
- Apply online through Hennepin County.
- Apply in person at the Assessing Division in the Maple Grove Government Center.
- Apply via mail or fax with the printable homestead application (PDF). For additional languages, visit the homestead page on the Hennepin County website and select "Apply by Mail."
Mail or fax to:
City of Maple Grove: Assessing
12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway N
Maple Grove, MN 55369
What documents do I need to apply?
- Copy of the warranty deed or contract for deed.
- Copy of the certificate of real estate value.
- The Social Security number for all owners who occupy the property and the spouse of each owner, even if they do not live at the location.
- Signatures of all owner-occupants. (For a relative homestead, signatures of owners and occupying relatives are required.)