I-94 Maple Grove to Rogers
Current traffic impacts
View the most up-to-date lane closure information on the MnDOT I-94 project website.
Key milestones for the I-94 Maple Grove to Rogers project during the 2021 construction season (all dates below are tentative and weather dependent):
- Temporary off-peak shoulder and lane closures started in early March.
- Westbound traffic was shifted to the eastbound side of I-94 in April. Three lanes of traffic on I-94 will be maintained in each direction during construction.
- The ramp from Weaver Lake Road to westbound I-94 has reopened.
- The ramp from westbound I-94 to Weaver Lake Road will be closed for approximately three weeks starting on August 16. A detour will be provided using westbound I-94 to eastbound I-94 to Maple Grove Parkway to Weaver Lake Road. Access to and from I-94 eastbound at the Weaver Lake Road interchange will be maintained.
- Westbound I-94 on-ramp at Maple Grove Parkway was closed on August 9 for approximately three weeks. A detour is provided using northbound Maple Grove Parkway to westbound Highway 610 to westbound I-94. All remaining access to and from I-94 at the Maple Grove Parkway interchange will be maintained.
About the project
I-94 between Maple Grove and Clearwater has been undergoing three years of improvements and upgrades along a 39-mile stretch of road. View project location map (PDF). MnDOT is:
- Adding an interchange
- Adding travel lanes
- Constructing access lanes
- Improving drainage
- Rebuilding bridges
- Resurfacing deteriorating pavement
When complete, motorists will experience:
- Better commercial access for freight and business
- Improved safety
- Less vehicle congestion
- Smoother road surface
The I-94 Maple Grove to Rogers project is one of three MnDOT projects along I-94:
- 15 miles between Monticello and Clearwater
- Nine miles between Maple Grove and Rogers
- Six miles between St. Michael and Albertville
Summary of work
- Add a lane on I-94 in both directions between Highway 610 in Maple Grove and Highway 101 in Rogers (total of four each way)
- Additional truck parking at Elm Creek Rest Area
- Build new interchange southeast of Brockton Lane (in Dayton)
- Construction of four noise walls in Maple Grove
- Reconstruct nine miles of I-94 between Maple Grove and Rogers