Maple Grove issues permits for limited hunting of deer, geese and turkeys. To hunt in the city, you must possess a valid deer, goose, or turkey hunting permit signed by a designee of the Maple Grove Police Department.
- Complete the permit application and include the signature of the landowner(s) giving you permission to hunt in a specific location.
- Mail the completed application along with required payment and photocopies of your ID and hunter safety certificate to:
Maple Grove Police Department
Attn: Records Unit / Hunting Permits
12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Or email the completed permit and mail payment separately to the mailing address above.
These are the preferred methods to limit traffic in the lobby of the Public Safety Facility. The permits will be either emailed or mailed upon completion by office staff.
- Include the fee of $15 for deer or turkey hunting or $10 for goose hunting; both or all three permits are a total of $15. Spring turkey hunting permits are no charge. Capable partners permits are no charge.
- View the online hunting orientation.
2022 hunting rules and regulation
All Maple Grove hunters, regardless of age, are required to show proof of possessing a firearm safety certificate, advanced hunter education, or bow hunter safety certificate (archers only).
For general information on firearm safety training or to request a duplicate firearm safety certificate, call 888-646-6367, or 651-296-6157, or visit the DNR website.
Reminder: Due to COVID-19, please practice social distancing when hunting.
Archery turkey hunting
- 2022 spring season: Adhere to MN DNR season dates
- 2022 fall season: Adhere to MN DNR season dates
Archery deer hunting
- 2022 season: Adhere to MN DNR season dates
- 2022 deer archery permit (PDF)
- 2022 deer archery survey (PDF)
- Hunting map - archery - deer and turkey (PDF)
- 2022 early Canada goose season: Adhere to MN DNR season dates
- 2022 regular season: Adhere to MN DNR season dates
- 2022 goose permit (PDF)
- 2022 goose survey (PDF)
- Hunting map (PDF)