Supporting documents needed

You will need the following documentation when applying for a U.S. passport book or passport card (examples of these documents are found below):

  • Citizen evidence
  • Identification
  • Proof of relationship (for children under 16)

The specific documents you need depends on what form you are using. When in doubt, refer to the form you are filling out as each form identifies necessary documentation.

Most commonly used documentation includes:

  1. Citizenship
  2. Identification
  3. Proof of Relationship (for Children Under 16)
  4. Identity Documents for Minors Ages 16 & 17
  • A U.S. birth certificate (it must be certified)
  • A full-validity U.S. passport book or passport card (a previously issued passport book or card...can be expired, but should not be damaged)