Program safety guidelines
Recreation program safety guidelines
- Participants should stay home if they have any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- All participants must check into the program. If pre-registration is required, their name must be on roster to participate.
- Face coverings are encouraged when indoors if not vaccinated. The City of Maple Grove continues to follow the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) state guidelines and those of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Participants are strongly encouraged to wash hands immediately before and after the program. Hand washing facilities or hand sanitizer may be available; in some cases participants may be asked to bring their own supply.
- Equipment that is shared between participants and/or instructor will be sanitized between use.
- The number of participants per field/program space will follow the current guidelines provided by the state. As of June 1, 2021, no capacity limits are in place for recreation programs.
- Sharing of personal equipment including water bottles is not allowed.
- If a staff member or participant has any COVID-19 related symptoms and cannot answer no to the following questions, they will be asked to discontinue teaching or participating and will be advised to contact their health care provider:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- A new cough
- Shortness of breath
- A sore throat
- New muscle aches
- Loss of smell or taste
- If a staff member or participant become symptomatic while at the practice/activity, they must notify the program supervisor. The program supervisor will follow contract tracing guidelines and procedures provided by the MDH.
- If someone tests positive or has had exposure to COVID-19 during participation in a city recreation program, they must notify the program supervisor. The program supervisor will follow contract tracing guidelines and procedures provided by the MDH.