Commitment to accessibility & ADA complaint form
Providing people of all mobility levels with access to our bus service and facilities is a commitment and a priority for the City of Maple Grove and Maple Grove Transit. All of our transit services and facilities are fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and are fully accessible.
- The ADA defines a wheelchair as a mobility aid belonging to any class of three or four-wheeled devices, usable indoors, and designed for and used by individuals with mobility limitations, whether operated manually or powered.
- According to the ADA, in order to be carried in a public transit vehicle, such a device cannot exceed 30 inches in width and 48 inches in length when measured two inches above the ground. The ADA also states that service will not be provided if the combined weight of the rider and the wheelchair exceeds 600 pounds.
- When possible, for the safety of the occupant, occupants of scooter-type wheelchairs will be asked to transfer from the scooter to a vehicle seat.
- Service and/or therapy animals are always welcome. The animal must be under the control of the rider throughout the trip and while boarding and exiting. Drivers and other passengers may not control the animal at any time. Service animals may sit on the floor or in the rider's lap. Service animals may not sit in a passenger seat.
- Upon request, transit publications will be made available in alternative formats to people with disabilities. Call the Metropolitan Council at 651-602-1140 (TTY Phone: 651-291-0904).
- Lea esta información en español
- Nyeem cov ncauj lus qhia no ua Lus Hmoob
- Macluumaakaan ka aqriso af Soomaali adiga oo galaya
If you have questions or need further information on accessibility matters with Maple Grove Transit, please contact the Transit Administrator.
ADA complaint procedure & form
The City of Maple Grove and Maple Grove Transit has established a complaint procedure to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It may be used by anyone who wishes to file a complaint alleging discrimination based on disability in the provision of Maple Grove Transit services and/or facilities.
If a person with a disability is unable to access Maple Grove Transit services, they are encouraged to fill out the ADA Title II Complaint Form (PDF).
The City of Maple Grove will contact the complainant within 15 calendar days after receipt of the complaint to discuss the complaint and will respond in writing within 15 days of the discussion.
- Contact: City Administrator, City of Maple Grove
12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway
Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Phone: 763-494-6000
- Email the City Administrator