Central Park of Maple Grove is a 44-acre park that can be enjoyed all day long. This award-winning park offers many amenities! Come visit at 12000 Central Park Way, Maple Grove, MN 55369. Call 763-494-6474 with any questions.
- Interactive fountain
- Phenow Pavilion
- Garden & Labyrinth
- Rental info
- Ice skating loop
- School groups/field trips
10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Open Monday to Sunday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The interactive fountain is a 2,100 sq. ft. plaza with 49 jet sprays and 18 arching sprays.
Fountain water is recycled through a filtration system and the water is reused just like in a swimming pool. Beautiful LED lights turn the fountain into a light show once the sun goes down.
It’s free to play in the fountain; children and the young at heart are all welcome.
- No lifeguard is on duty, all children must be actively supervised by an adult.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers, which are for sale in the park building, or plastic pants with tight fitting elastic. Regular disposal diapers are not allowed.
- Footwear is recommended.
- All users must exit the fountain area for 30 minutes if thunder or lightning are present.
Prohibited in the interactive fountain area
- Food, beverage, tobacco products, and gum.
- Glass, metal objects, soap, or other materials that could create hazardous conditions.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals.
- Skateboards, inline skates, roller skates, scooters, bicycles, and other wheeled vehicles.
- Running or rough play.
- Spitting or spouting of water and nose blowing.
- Use by persons with, or suspected of having, diarrhea or a communicable disease which could be transmitted through the fountain.
- Persons with large cuts or scrapes are advised not to use the fountain.
6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Seven play zones
- 24-foot climbing tour
- Four slides
- Unique swings
- 120-foot climbing wall
- Accessible, rubberized surface and some sand areas
Please note dogs are not permitted in the playground area.
Phenow Pavilion is a beautiful park facility built for multiple use throughout the year.
Restrooms in the main lobby are open daily year round for public use.
Concessions are closed for the season.
During summer, the main room is available for private rental. The amazing architecture ties in with the proximity to the great lawn is a perfect space to host a special event, family gathering or team meeting.
In the winter, limited rentals are available as the pavilion serves as a warming house complete with fireplace and shoe cubbies. Detailed information is available on rental info tab above.
This 2.5 acre green space serves two purposes:
- Casual non-programmed green space for the community to gather
- Venue to host large special events for local and regional gatherings
During the majority of days, the Lawn is a perfect place to bring a blanket, have a picnic, fly a kite, or throw a frisbee. Come out to enjoy special events and festivities like Wonders of Winter in February and the Concert on the Lawn in September!
Please remember to keep your pet leashed and on the trails.
This labyrinth pattern is called partner stroll and was designed by Lisa Gidlow Moriorty.
Enjoy the beautiful Central Park garden areas
A .83 mile trail loop on the north side of Central Park circles the storm pond and connects to the 55 miles of Maple Grove trails. From here, continue on to the trails around the three lakes in the immediate area -- Arbor Lake, North Arbor Lake, and West Arbor Lake.
Take note that neither fishing nor swimming are permitted at the storm pond or the three lakes mentioned. During the winter, the trail loop and major walkways are plowed.
You might also choose to use the trail tunnel under Weaver Lake Road near Jonquil Lane to access Maple Lakes Park.
Complete the request form or call the rental voicemail 763-494-5958. Requests are processed in the order received. Confirmation is made when a permit has been issued and payment received.
Requests are not accepted in-person, by email, or those left at other phone numbers.
Central Park rentals are not available in winter due to the pavilion is used as a warming house for the ice skating loop.
Add 7.525% sales tax
Monday - Thursday
|$70 per hour||$120 per hour||$75 per hour||$125 per hour|
Friday - Sunday
|$70 per hour |
3 hour minimum
|$120 per hour|
3 hour minimum
|$300/half day block||$500/half day block|
Other areas to rent:
- Garden lawn
- Great lawn
Complete the request form above for more information, availability and pricing.
View Central Park amenities.
Guidelines for all rental areas at Central Park of Maple Grove
- Requests must be made at least 14 days prior to event date.
- Rental is not confirmed until permit has been issued and payment received.
- Refunds will be issued only if cancelled a minimum of 30 days prior to permit date.
- No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. Permits may be rescheduled to another available date.
- Parking is free at the two lots on site or along the street adjoining the park.
- No smoking (including e-cigs) is permitted at Central Park. This includes buildings, gardens, grounds and parking lots. Smoking is only permitted in personal vehicles.
- All other areas of the park will remain open to the public.
- Central Park staff must approve any decorating plans in advance.
- All decorations must be set up and removed within the rental time.
- Decorations cannot be affixed with tacks, staples, tape or similar adhesives.
- No throwing or scattering of real or silk flowers or flower petals, rice, seeds, confetti or like material.
- No releasing of balloons or birds.
The Ice Skating Loop is closed for the season. See you next winter.
The ice loop is a 810 foot long and 20 foot wide trail designed for pleasure skating. The loop has refrigerated ice, and if you stay long enough, you might get a chance to see the Zamboni drive by.
The loop is open as scheduled. We will update our Facebook page if there are any closures.
Here’s the scoop
- Leisure skating only
- No hockey sticks or pucks are allowed.
- No power skating, training or tag games.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the ice.
- Skates must be worn on the ice.
- No reservations are needed to use the ice skating loop.
- PVC skating assistance devices are allowed but are not available to rent.
Skate loop hours (weather permitting)
Open daily: 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Approximate resurfacing times: 9:15 a.m.; 2:15 p.m.; 4:15 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.
Phenow Pavilion warming house and skate rental hours
- Monday through Friday: 4 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday, and District 279 non-school days: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Phenow Pavilion warming house and skate rental holiday hours:
- New Year’s Eve: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- New Year’s Day: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Concessions are closed until the splash pad opens.
$7.50 per pair with sizes youth 8J to adult 12 and hockey skates youth 12J to adult 15. (first come first serve).
For current weather related information, call 763-494-6474 or follow on Facebook.
Learn about Crokicurl at Central Park
What is Crokicurl? This game is a large-scale hybrid of curling and the board game Crokinole which was first played in Winnipeg, Canada. Crokinole is a game in which the players take turns to flick a small disc on a circular board into the center hole. In the Crokicurl version rocks are used instead of discs which are similar to a curling stone and it is played on an octagon shaped sheet of ice.
The first in Minnesota Crokicurl is a game for all ages and is free to the public. The rink is located next to the great lawn at Central Park, users are welcome to stop by anytime and play. The rules and the hybrid curling rocks are available on site.
Bringing a group to Central Park?
Due to the overwhelming number of school/daycare and outside groups visiting Central Park, permits are required for all bus and van groups. Permit availability is limited.
Fees will go into effect in 2023.
$75/resident large bus
$125/non-resident large bus
$25/resident small bus/van
$75/non-resident small bus/van
All groups must have a permit. Buses must park in the west parking lot near the pickleball and basketball courts. Please note you will be turned away of you do not have a permit.
Complete the request form to apply for a permit.
Free equipment check out
- Pickleball equipment (Two paddles and four balls)
- Bean bags for a bags game
- Bocce ball
Items are available to use on a first come, first serve basis. Check out from staff in the Central Park building from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Everything needs to be turned in before the building closes at 9 p.m.