Central Park of Maple Grove is a 44-acre park that can be enjoyed all day long. This award-winning park offers many amenities! Come visit at 12000 Central Park Way, Maple Grove, MN 55369. Call 763-494-6474 with any questions.
- Ice skating loop
- Phenow Pavilion
- Interactive fountain
- Garden & Labyrinth
- Rental info
- School groups/field trips
The ice loop is a 810 foot long and 20 foot wide trail designed for pleasure skating. The loop has refrigerated ice, and if you stay long enough, you might get a chance to see the Zamboni drive by.
The loop is open as scheduled. Follow the parks and recreation Facebook page for any closures.
Here’s the scoop
- Leisure skating only.
- No hockey sticks or pucks are allowed.
- No power skating, training, or tag games.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the ice.
- Skates must be worn on the ice.
- No reservations are needed.
- PVC skating assistance devices are allowed but are not available to rent.
Skate loop (weather permitting)
Open daily: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Approximate resurfacing every 2 hours
Phenow Pavilion warming house and skate rental
Monday through Friday: 4 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, and District 279 non-school days: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 4 to 9 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: noon to 9 p.m.
ISD 279 non school days: noon to 9 p.m.
$7.50 per pair. Sizes youth 8J to adult 12 and hockey skates youth 12J to adult 15. Available first come, first served.
$7.50 per pair
For current weather related information, call 763-494-6474 or follow on Facebook.
Crokicurl rink will open on Saturday, Jan 14.
What is Crokicurl?
This game is a large-scale hybrid of curling and the board game Crokinole, which was first played in Winnipeg, Canada. In Crokinole, the players take turns to flick a small disc on a circular board into the center hole. For Crokicurl, rocks similar to a curling stone are used instead of discs, and the game is played on an octagon-shaped sheet of ice.
Crokicurl is a game for all ages and is free to the public. The first in Minnesota, the rink is located next to the great lawn at Central Park. Users are welcome to stop by anytime and play. The rules and the hybrid curling rocks are available on site.
Phenow Pavilion is a beautiful park facility built for multiple use throughout the year.
Restrooms in the main lobby are open daily year round for public use.
Monday-Friday: 4 to 9 p.m.
Saturday- Sunday: noon to 9 p.m.
ISD 279 non school days: noon to 9 p.m.
During summer, the main room is available for private rental. The amazing architecture ties in with the proximity to the great lawn is a perfect space to host a special event, family gathering or team meeting.
Central Park rentals are not available in winter due to the pavilion is used as a warming house for the ice skating loop.
The splash pad is closed for the season.
10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Open Monday to Sunday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The interactive fountain is a 2,100 sq. ft. plaza with 49 jet sprays and 18 arching sprays.
Fountain water is recycled through a filtration system and the water is reused just like in a swimming pool. Beautiful LED lights turn the fountain into a light show once the sun goes down.
It’s free to play in the fountain; children and the young at heart are all welcome.
- No lifeguard is on duty, all children must be actively supervised by an adult.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers, which are for sale in the park building, or plastic pants with tight fitting elastic. Regular disposal diapers are not allowed.
- Footwear is recommended.
- All users must exit the fountain area for 30 minutes if thunder or lightning are present.
Prohibited in the interactive fountain area
- Food, beverage, tobacco products, and gum.
- Glass, metal objects, soap, or other materials that could create hazardous conditions.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals.
- Skateboards, inline skates, roller skates, scooters, bicycles, and other wheeled vehicles.
- Running or rough play.
- Spitting or spouting of water and nose blowing.
- Use by persons with, or suspected of having, diarrhea or a communicable disease which could be transmitted through the fountain.
- Persons with large cuts or scrapes are advised not to use the fountain.
6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Seven play zones
- 24-foot climbing tour
- Four slides
- Unique swings
- 120-foot climbing wall
- Accessible, rubberized surface and some sand areas
Please note dogs are not permitted in the playground area.
This 2.5 acre green space serves two purposes:
- Casual non-programmed green space for the community to gather
- Venue to host large special events for local and regional gatherings
During the majority of days, the Lawn is a perfect place to bring a blanket, have a picnic, fly a kite, or throw a frisbee. Come out to enjoy special events and festivities like Wonders of Winter in February and the Concert on the Lawn in September!
Please remember to keep your pet leashed and on the trails.
This labyrinth pattern is called partner stroll and was designed by Lisa Gidlow Moriorty.
Enjoy the beautiful Central Park garden areas
A .83 mile trail loop on the north side of Central Park circles the storm pond and connects to the 55 miles of Maple Grove trails. From here, continue on to the trails around the three lakes in the immediate area -- Arbor Lake, North Arbor Lake, and West Arbor Lake.
Take note that neither fishing nor swimming are permitted at the storm pond or the three lakes mentioned. During the winter, the trail loop and major walkways are plowed.
You might also choose to use the trail tunnel under Weaver Lake Road near Jonquil Lane to access Maple Lakes Park.
Requests are not accepted in-person, by email, or those left at other phone numbers.
Central Park rentals are not available in winter as the pavilion is used as a warming house for the ice skating loop.
Half-day 4 hour rental block rates and full-day rental rates are available to reserve for your private party.
Additional rental time before between 9 to 10:30 a.m. or after 8:30 to 10 p.m. can be added during your request
4-hour rental block options:
Full day rental block:
- Half day rental 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
You may add an additional rental time from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at an hourly rate. Please indicate this during the online rental process.
- Full day rental 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
You may add an additional rental time from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and/or 8:30 to 10 p.m. at an hourly rate. Please indicate this during the online rental process.
- Half day rental 4 to 8 p.m.
You may add an additional rental time from 8 to 10 p.m. at an hourly rate. Please indicate this during the online rental process.
Other areas to rent:
- Garden lawn
- Great lawn
Complete the request form above for more information, availability and pricing.
View Central Park amenities.
Guidelines for all rental areas at Central Park of Maple Grove
- Requests must be made at least 14 days prior to event date.
- Rental is not confirmed until permit has been issued and payment received.
- Refunds will be issued only if cancelled a minimum of 30 days prior to permit date.
- No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. Permits may be rescheduled to another available date.
- Parking is free at the two lots on site or along the street adjoining the park.
- No smoking (including e-cigs) is permitted at Central Park. This includes buildings, gardens, grounds and parking lots. Smoking is only permitted in personal vehicles.
- All other areas of the park will remain open to the public.
- Central Park staff must approve any decorating plans in advance.
- All decorations must be set up and removed within the rental time.
- Decorations cannot be affixed with tacks, staples, tape or similar adhesives.
- No throwing or scattering of real or silk flowers or flower petals, rice, seeds, confetti or like material.
- No releasing of balloons or birds.
Bringing a group to Central Park?
Permits are required for all bus and van groups due to the large number of school, daycare, and outside groups that visit Central Park.
Permit availability is limited, and groups that do not have a permit will be turned away.
Complete the request form to apply for a permit.
$75/resident large bus
$125/non-resident large bus
$25/resident small bus/van
$75/non-resident small bus/van
Buses must park in the west parking lot near the pickleball and basketball courts.