Outdoor skating rinks
Outdoor skating rinks are closed for the season. See you next winter.
The outdoor rinks are open for use during park hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Lights will be on daily from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Rink supervisors will be on duty rotating sites during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 4 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Noon to 8:30 p.m.
- Holidays and non-school days: Noon to 8:30 p.m.
Hockey, pleasure rinks, shelter, and lights
- Boundary Creek Park
10122 104th Ave N
- Cedar Island Elementary School
6701 East Fish Lake Rd
- Gleason Fields
18815 67th Ave N
- Kerber Park
9095 Elm Creek Blvd
- Maple Grove Middle School
7000 Hemlock Ln
- Weaver Lake Park
8401 Dunkirk Ln
Hockey, pleasure rinks, shelter without lights
- Thoresen Special Use Park
6259 Eagle Lake Dr
Benches and restrooms are available at each site.
Ice rental is available during non-business hours.
- For continuous updates, call the weather information line at 763-494-5959.
- For questions, contact the outdoor skating rink coordinator at 763-494-6516, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Outdoor ice rinks update
With the shorter and warmer winters in Minnesota staff have been unable to maintain quality ice. Reducing the number of outdoor ice locations and moving towards regional service versus neighborhood service allows staff to utilize resources to better maintain the rinks, clear snow, and staff the warming houses. Participation was studied at all neighborhood ice rinks and it was ultimately decided to reduce outdoor ice and two neighborhood parks, Elm Creek School and Donahue North. The Park and Recreation Department will continue to service outdoor ice at seven regional sites throughout Maple Grove.
A full community engagement and participation report was presented at the May 18 Park Board meeting and is available online to review.