Permit required for recreational fires
Maple Grove residents may have recreational fires if they have a valid permit and follow safety guidelines published by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, the State Fire Marshal Division, and the Maple Grove Fire-Rescue Department. The city's recreational burn permit lists these requirements.
View the Maple Grove recreational fire policy (PDF).
- Annual recreational fire permits are free, but they expire on December 31 each year and must be renewed.
- Please print and keep the permit for your records and have it available when you're having a recreational fire.
- The permit is valid for the homeowner and property listed. If you move, the permit is no longer valid.
Request a recreational fire permit
- View instructions for completing the application.
- Complete the online application. Once it is submitted, the permit is issued as a PDF and sent via email.
For additional information, email fire inspections or call 763-494-6300.