- The term of elective office is four years.
- The filing fee is $40.
- Filing packets will be available at the Government Center on the first day of filing.
- The next candidate filing is Tuesday, August 2, 2022, through Tuesday, August 16, 2022, at 5 p.m.
Elective offices on the November 8, 2022, general election ballot
- Councilmember (two positions)
Campaign financial reports
- Per MN Statute 211A.02, the City of Maple Grove is required to post the campaign financial reports of its candidates on the city website within 30 days of receiving the information. These reports will be available until four years from the date of the report.
- Initial report is due within 14 days after receiving contributions or making disbursements of more than $750.
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election, and each year by January 31 until the final report is filed.
- The final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100.
View campaign financial reports
Eligibility to hold office
- The candidate must be an eligible voter.
- Is, or will be on assuming office, 21 years of age or more.
- Maintained residence in the district wherein they reside 30 days previous to the election.