Companies looking to engage in the tree care business in Maple Grove must apply for a license. Please follow these guidelines to complete the application process:
- Apply to the city by completing the application form.
- Submit to the city the application fee of $50.00.
- File with the city a Minnesota insurance certificate. City ordinance requires a 30-day cancellation notice on all certificates of insurance. Please share this example of an approved certificate with your insurance company to ensure all requirements are met.
- Display a license certificate (sticker) on the upper half of the driver's side door on each vehicle used in tree care. Sticker(s) are provided when license is issued.
- Renew the application and license annually before February 1 (including fee).
- If licensee will apply chemicals, provide names of the individual(s) possessing certification and attach a copy of their Minnesota Department of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicator's certification. (Tree care firms that apply chemicals are required to employ or contract with an individual who possesses current certification as an arborist from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or holds a post-secondary degree in urban forestry, arboriculture, or an equivalent area of study from an accredited institution of higher learning).
Application, payment, certificate of insurance and any other documents may be mailed to:
City of Maple Grove
ATTN: Engineering Department
12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway
Maple Grove, MN 55369