Any company desiring to engage in the tree care business in Maple Grove must apply to the city for a license. Please follow these guidelines to complete the application process:
- Apply to the city by completing the tree removal and treatment license application.
- Submit to the city the application fee of $50.00.
- File with the City Clerk a Minnesota insurance policy or certificate.
- Affix and display a license certificate (sticker) on the upper half of the driver's side door on each vehicle used in tree care. The sticker(s) will be provided at the time the license is issued.
- Renew the application and license annually before February 1 (including the fee).
- If the licensee will apply chemicals, including, but not limited to, herbicides, pesticides or fertilizer, provide the names of the individual(s) possessing the certification or educational degree required. (Tree care firms that apply chemicals are required to employ or contract with an individual who possesses current certification as an arborist from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or holds a post-secondary degree in urban forestry, arboriculture, or an equivalent area of study from an accredited institution of higher learning).
Application, payment, certificate of insurance and any other documents may be mailed to:
City of Maple Grove
ATTN: Engineering Department
P.O. Box 1180
Maple Grove, MN 55311-6180