- Term of elective office is four years.
- Filing fee is $40.
- Filing packets will be available at the government center on the first day of filing.
- Candidate filing is Tuesday, July 28, 2020 through Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Elective offices on the November 3, 2020, General Election ballot
- Council Member (two positions)
Campaign financial reports
- Per MN Statute 211A.02, the City of Maple Grove is required to post the campaign financial reports of its candidates on the City website within 30 days of receiving the information. These reports will be available until four years from the date of the report.
- Initial Report is due within 14 days after receiving contributions or making disbursements of more than $750.
- Subsequent reports are due 10 days before and 30 days after the election, and each year by January 31 until the final report is filed.
- Final report is due when all debts are settled and all assets are disposed of in excess of $100.
Campaign Financial Reports
Eligibility to hold office
- Candidate must be an eligible voter
- Is, or will be on assuming office, 21 years of age or more
- Maintained residence in the district wherein they reside 30 days previous to the election