Surface Water Regulations
Daytime Hours (9:00 a.m. to sunset) - 40 mph
Nighttime Hours (sunset to 9:00 a.m.) - 15 mph
Slow-No Wake - 5 mph
- All channels and demarked areas
- Anytime a watercraft is within 100 feet of:
- A person in the water, including swimming areas
- Anchored or moored watercraft, including persons fishing, if anchored
- Additional restrictions can be found in Maple Grove City Code
Direction of Travel:
All watercraft shall travel in a counterclockwise direction when speeds exceed the slow-no wake limit of 5 mph. Slow no-wake zone for the whole lake 24 hours a day when lake levels exceed 892 feet (NO wake flags up also).
All city ordinances and Minnesota state statutes regarding boating safety and operations shall remain in effect.
Public Access and Recreation
Full access operated by Three Rivers Park District
Location: Bass Lake Rd & Fish Lake Regional Lake Park
Hours: Sunrise to 10:00 p.m.
Special Notes: Parking for 12 vehicles with trailers only, stalls fill early weekends and holidays. Access is located within Fish Lake Regional Park where there is also a fishing pier, swimming beach, canoe and paddleboat rentals, trails and picnic area with grills. Permit required: $45.00 annually or $6.00 daily. Three Rivers Park District.