Share your photography skills
The Maple Grove moments photography contest is a great way to showcase our community! Everyone is encouraged to participate -- residents, business people, and students attending school in Maple Grove.
Important notes on the photo submission process
- All photographs must be a .jpg and follow this naming criteria:
The category is Going Natural, the caption is Fabulous Fall Colors, and the photographer is J Doe
- All photographs submitted go through an approval process before they will display on the contest page.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for entry approval. Photos are reviewed M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Once you submit photos, they will show continuously as pending until they are reviewed; you will receive an email when your photos are approved/disapproved.
Submit photos and/or vote for your favorite photo
View the photography contest rules and judging. By submitting your photos in the Maple Grove moments photography contest, you agree to all of these rules and parameters.
From June 1 to July 18, submit your photos and/or vote for "Viewer's Choice" photo using the links in these contest categories:
- Going Together (people, neighbors, friends, family--chatting, playing, grilling, weeding the garden, cutting the grass, taking a walk, shoveling snow, kids going to school)
- Going Strong (events, activities, businesses, streetscapes, and landmarks—e.g., recreation, sports, concerts, craft shows, Central Park, farmers market, Town Green, Maple Grove Days, national night out)
- Going Natural (parks, landscapes, plants, flowers, weather, sky)
- Going Wild (wildlife, birds, animals, including pets)
- Youth (age 18 and under, submissions can pertain to any the above contest categories)
- Submit up to 12 of your own photographs (up to 3 photos allowed in each category; up to 12 photos in youth category).
- Photos must be taken in Maple Grove - 2015 to present.
- Entries accepted and voting available from June 1 through July 18, 2018.
- Monetary prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category as well as one prize for the “viewer’s choice” selection. Details at rules/judging.
- Contest entries are posted on the City of Maple Grove website after the contest closes. View 2017 contest entries.
- Winning photographers are invited to a city council meeting to receive their recognition.
- Winning entries are showcased at the government center, in the city winter newsletter, and on the city’s social media.
Please email with any questions.
The City is proud to partner with Prime Advertising & Design, Inc. for the contest. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide media such as city newsletter, social media, parks and recreation brochure, and residents' guide.