The Maple Grove moments photography contest is a great way to showcase our community! Everyone is encouraged to participate -- residents, business people, and students attending school in Maple Grove. The 2018 contest closed on July 18. Many thanks to all who submitted photos as well as those who voted for the overall winning photo -- the "Viewer's Choice" entry.
View the contest entries in the following categories:
People, neighbors, friends, family--chatting, playing, grilling, weeding the garden, cutting the grass, taking a walk, shoveling snow, kids going to school
Events, activities, businesses, streetscapes, and landmarks—e.g., recreation, sports, concerts, craft shows, Central Park, farmers market, Town Green, Maple Grove Days, National Night Out
Parks, landscapes, plants, flowers, weather, sky
Wildlife, insects, birds, animals, including pets
Entries from photographers age 18 and under; submissions can pertain to any the above contest categories
- Submit up to 12 of your own photographs (up to 3 photos allowed in each category. Youth participants submit their 12 photos in the youth category only.)
- Photos must be taken in Maple Grove - 2015 to present.
- Entries accepted and voting available from June 1 through July 18, 2018.
- Monetary prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category as well as one prize for the “viewer’s choice” selection. Details at rules/judging.
- Contest entries are posted on the City of Maple Grove website after the contest closes. View 2017 contest info and entries.
- Winning photographers are invited to a city council meeting to receive their recognition.
- Winning entries are showcased at the government center, in the city winter newsletter, and on the city’s social media.
Please email with any questions.
The City is proud to partner with Prime Advertising & Design, Inc. for the contest. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide media such as city newsletter, social media, parks and recreation brochure, and residents' guide.