Grab your cameras, Maple Grove, the 2020 annual photo contest opens June 1.
The Maple Grove moments photography contest recognizes and highlights the talent right here at home. Residents are invited to share what Maple Grove means to you in pictures. Entries are accepted from June 1 to noon on July 14.
How to enter photos in the contest
Please review these important notes on the photo submission process:
- Read the contest categories and descriptions below to ensure you submit the photo in the correct category. (If photo is entered into the incorrect category, you will be notified and asked to resubmit.)
- All photographs must be in jpg format.
- Keep photo caption/description to five words or less. Be creative!
- Maple Grove (MN) residents are invited to submit up to 12 of their own photographs (up to 3 photos allowed in each category). Photos must have been taken in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
- Participants under age 18 can submit up to 12 entries in the youth category only.
- A parent and youth using the same email when submitting photos causes confusion in the review process. If possible, please use two different email addresses.
- Photos that include logos, watermarks, or copyrights are not accepted.
By submitting your photos in the Maple Grove moments photography contest, you agree to all of these rules and parameters.
Submit your photos
Use the links in the following contest categories to share three photographs per category (12 entries total).
Anyone can vote for "Viewer's Choice" contest entry. Click on the contest category link to view entries and vote for your favorite.
People -- neighbors, friends, or family enjoying every day things -- chatting, playing, shopping, grilling, celebrating special occasions, weeding the garden, cutting the grass, taking a walk, shoveling snow, raking leaves, making home repairs
Landscapes, trees, plants, flowers, weather, sky
Animals, including pets—birds, insects, things with wings, critters, creatures, wildlife
Landmarks, buildings, streetscapes, events -- examples include shopping areas, sporting events, art or craft shows, Main Street, Angel of Hope, Central Park, Farmers Market, Town Green, Chalkfest, etc.
Photographers under age 18 can submit entries that pertain to any of the above categories
How will I know my photos are accepted
Every photograph submitted goes through an approval process before it will display on the contest page. Please allow up to 48 hours for entry approval. Photos are reviewed M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Once you submit photos, they will show continuously as pending until they are reviewed; you will receive an email when the photos are approved/disapproved.
How to vote for Viewer's Choice
Anyone can vote for "Viewer's Choice" contest entry. Click on the contest category links above to view entries and vote for your favorite. One vote per day is permitted. Spread the word about voting with your family and friends!
How winning photos are chosen
Entries are judged on overall impact, subject matter, originality, technical skills, composition, and meeting the theme of the category. Judges also appreciate creative photo captions.
Monetary prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category as well as one prize for the “viewer’s choice” selection. Details at rules/judging
Contest entries are posted on the City of Maple Grove website after the contest closes. All are eligible to be featured in citywide communications. View 2019 contest entries
Winning entries are showcased at the government center, in the city winter newsletter, and on the city’s social media. View 2019 winning photos
Please email with any contest questions. The City of Maple Grove is proud to partner with Prime Advertising & Design for the contest. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide media such as city newsletter, social media, parks and recreation activity guide, and residents' guide.