Grab your cameras, Maple Grove, the 2021 annual photo contest opens June 1.
The Maple Grove Moments Photography Contest recognizes and highlights the talent right here at home. Residents -- share what Maple Grove means to you in pictures!
- Entries are accepted from June 1 to noon on July 13.
- Maple Grove (MN) residents are invited to submit up a total of 12 of their own photographs (up to 3 photos in each category). Photos must have been taken in Maple Grove, Minnesota.
- Participants under age 18 can submit up to 12 entries in the youth category only.
- Anyone can vote for "Viewer's Choice" contest entry.
- Going Together: People -- neighbors, friends, or family enjoying every day things -- chatting, playing, shopping, grilling, celebrating special occasions, weeding the garden, cutting the grass, taking a walk, shoveling snow, raking leaves, making home repairs
- Going Natural: Landscapes, trees, plants, flowers, weather, sky
- Going Wild: Animals, including pets—birds, insects, things with wings, critters, creatures, wildlife
- Going Places: Landmarks, buildings, streetscapes, events -- examples include shopping areas, sporting events, art or craft shows, Main Street, Angel of Hope, Central Park, Farmers Market, Town Green, Chalkfest, etc.
- Youth: Photographers under age 18 can submit entries that pertain to any of the above categories
Entries are judged on overall impact, subject matter, originality, technical skills, composition, and meeting the theme of the category. Judges also appreciate creative photo captions.
Monetary prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category as well as one prize for the “viewer’s choice” selection. View rules/judging.
Contest entries are posted on the City of Maple Grove website after the contest closes. All are eligible to be featured in citywide communications. View 2020 contest entries.
Winning entries are showcased at the Government Center, in the city winter newsletter, and on the city’s social media. View 2020 winning photos.
The City of Maple Grove is proud to partner with Prime Advertising & Design for the contest. Photos submitted may be used on our websites as well as in area-wide media such as city newsletter, social media, parks and recreation activity guide, and residents' guide. Please email with any contest questions.