Come and create your own beautiful music in the park!
The Maple Grove Rotary Music Plaza is located in the Town Green (7991 Main St N) by the Maple Grove Library.
The music plaza includes six specially made, weather resistant instruments that create great music and never have to be tuned.
Music Plaza instruments include:
- Contrabass Chimes – Seven chime towers that range in height from 7 to 9 feet. They are pitched an octave below middle C and resonate with a sensation of surround sound.
- Glass Imbarimba – A combined marimba and kalimba that provides two-handed access to upper and lower notes.
- African Drums – Molded plastic tuned drums that provide bass and beat.
- The Swirl – Sculptural chimes that emit a beautiful full range of soprano to alto sounds as elegant as a harp.
- Pagoda Bells - Vertically aligned bells with long resonating tones that serve as calming percussion.
- Sunset Yantzee – A foundational piece that looks like a xylophone and provides low resonance in support of melody.
If you're interested in purchasing a paver at the music plaza, visit the Rotary Club of Maple Grove website.