Public Notice - March 12, 2021
Governor Walz issued Executive Order 21-11 on March 12, 2021. Modifications were made to executive order as listed in Executive Order 21-11 which are effective starting March 15, 2021 at 12 noon and additional changes to begin Thursday, April 1, 2021 with no end date.
To view a summary of Executive Order 21-11 click here.
Leisure pool and lap pool schedule
Due to distancing requirements, we can have up to 75 swimmer/spectators in the leisure pool and five in the lap pool. All swimmers and spectators need a reservation (links below).
There are separate signup pages for lap swim and leisure pool.
Five (5)\lanes are available for Lap Swim. One swimmer is allowed per lane, and reservations are still required. Members of the same household can share a lap lane, but with the additional lanes now available, we encourage household members to have their own lane to best maintain distancing. If you are sharing a lane, please enter the second name in the comments when you make a reservation.
We ask all swimmers to wait to enter the pool until their time-slot begins, and to exit the pool promptly at the end of each time-slot. That allows staff 5 minutes between time-slots to clean and sanitize high touch surfaces.
Friday: 4 to 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Noon to 6 p.m.
Find information to sign up for a membership online below.
Please note the following restrictions and guidelines:
- The Grove Cove Aquatic Center is open to the general public, Community Center and LifeTime members by reservation only. Access reservations on the pool schedule link above to reserve a time block.
- The pools have limited capacity as indicated by the number of slots available to reserve.
- Access to lockers and storage cubbies are limited. Please consider coming ready to swim.
- The pools and deck will be cleared of all patrons between reservation periods for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Lap lanes are available for lap swimmers only. Other exercise can be done in the leisure pool.
- Maximum of one swimmer per lap lane. Swim in the middle of the lane to maintain distance. January 4 onward: A limit of three lanes can be used at one time per EO 21-01.
- Please bring your own equipment when possible.
- The Grove Cove Aquatic Center has a complete COVID-19 preparedness plan in place. This plan is available for your review, and can be requested from a staff member.
- Please follow all directional signage. We have indicated traffic flow and distancing requirements to help keep patrons safe.
- Patrons are responsible for maintaining social distancing. All family groups need to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other patrons. Parents are responsible for enforcing distancing with their children.
- Patrons who are not willing or able to maintain social distancing may be asked to leave the facility.
- If you or a member of your party are not feeling well, please do not visit the facility.
- Face coverings/masks must be worn at all times except in the water. Children under age two years do not have to wear face coverings. Children between ages two and five years old are not required to wear covering, but are strongly encouraged to do so.
Membership are available to purchase online.
- Go to webtrac.maplegrovemn.gov
- Sign up for an account
- Select from the Pool or All Building memberships. Choose a single or family option.
- Start swimming today!
Pool supervision policy
All children under 42’’ tall must have an adult in the water within arm’s reach to use the Grove Cove Aquatic Center Pools. One adult may be responsible for supervising up to 3 children under 42”.
LIFEGUARDS + PARENTS = SAFE KIDS!
Pool Wristband Policy
During the outdoor pool season, all persons entering the indoor and outdoor pool areas are required to pay admission or show a valid membership and wear a wristband. This policy includes swimmers and spectators.
|Youth*, Adult, Senior||$8.50||$7.50||Pool rules|
|Family||$32.00||$28.00||Community Center admission fees|
|MERSC/Military** - Single||$6.50||$6.50|
|MERSC/Military** - Family||$26.00||$26.00|
|* Under one is free
** Must show MERSC or Military ID.
Friday Family Fundays!
Not available at this time due to COVID-19
- US Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed if there is an adult in the water within arms reach. Life jackets may not be worn on the rope swing, climbing wall, water slides (except the tot slide) or during lap swim or flotation fun. Life jackets may not be inflatable. No other flotation devices are allowed, including water wings, noodles, kick boards, tubes and air mattresses, unless approved by the Supervisor on Duty in the case of a therapeutic, instructional or exercise program or a special need.
- Parents are required to be in the water with all children under 42" tall.
- Swim diapers are required for all non-trained swimmers and are available to purchase at the lower level customer service desk.
- Small toys, diving rings and beach balls are allowed if used in a safe manner and do not endanger other swimmers. Footballs, baseballs, hockey pucks and other hard objects are not allowed.
- No diving in any of the pools.
- No diving masks with glass lenses are allowed in the pool.
- No glass, street shoes, food or beverages in the pool area.
- No refunds are issued for pool closures due to defecation, vomit, weather or other unforeseen situations.
Grove Cove FAQ's
What are the pool features?
The indoor leisure pool features a zero-depth beach area, water spray activities, a 130-foot waterslide and a tot slide. The indoor lap pool features 25-yard lap lanes and a rope swing that drops into 12.5 feet of water that is open during scheduled times. The outdoor pool features a lazy river, tumble buckets, log walk, tot slide and water sprays.
Are there pool memberships?
Yes! There is a membership for year-round access.
Are there group rates?
Yes! They are available for 25 or more swimmers at $6.00 per person. A two week advance reservation is required and must be paid in full in one transaction. Groups are scheduled after 12:00 p.m. in the summer; Thursdays and Fridays during the school year from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.; or after hours any night of the week. A minimum of 50 swimmers is required to make the water slide and rope swing available. Call 763-494-6527 to schedule your group now.
Are there discounted daycare provider rates?
Yes! Receive a discounted rate of $6.00 per youth when presenting a current copy of the day care license and driver's license. Offer not valid on school release days or during the summer.
Do you offer swimming lessons or water aerobics?
Yes! Check out the Parks and Recreation Brochure for more information.
What's at the concession stand?
The concession stand is currently closed due to COVID-19.
We offer a great selection of foods including hot dogs, ice cream, French fries, yogurt, cookies, sodas and much more.
How do I get there?
Directions to the Maple Grove Community Center.
To view photos in the gallery, simply click on a photo and watch the slide show.