In-person service has resumed at Maple Grove Government Center. The staff of the Assessing Department is available to assist the public with assessment related services. Whenever possible, citizens are still encouraged to use the resources available on this website or contact staff members by phone or e-mail to conduct city business.
Contacts in Assessing:
Value exclusion for veterans with disabilities
Property records / sales Information
Commercial, industrial, and apartment properties
Tim Mitchell, City Assessor
The Assessing Department is responsible for establishing the estimated market value and determining the property classification of each parcel of property located within the City of Maple Grove on an annual basis for the purpose of property tax allocation.
Property valuation and classification processes within the city are based on Minnesota Statute and comply with the standards and directives of the Minnesota Department of Revenue. The Assessing Department appraises property at market value and classifies property based on actual use.
The department is also responsible for:
- Processing and maintaining the homestead status of residential properties
- Maintaining property records based on physical property attributes
- Conducting annual quintile property reviews of established properties
- Conducting property reviews based on new construction and building permits
- Administering the appeals process including the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Administering programs related to property assessment and classification
The department is committed to providing equitable and uniform assessments throughout the city in a professional manner while assisting our residents and members of the public with assessment related matters.