In an effort to continue to provide city services and reduce the spread of COVID-19, as of March 18, 2020, the Government Center will be open to limited access only. One point of access will be provided through the main front doors where a phone can be used to contact a staff member to assist you. Staff continues to be available via phone and email and many of our services are available online. Please consider using phone, email and online resources before visiting the Government Center.
In order to reduce exposure for customers and staff, all permit applications must be applied for electronically. You are encouraged to use our online services rather than visiting the Maple Grove City Hall. Visit https://www.maplegrovemn.gov/departments/building/inspections to schedule your inspections and https://www.maplegrovemn.gov/departments/building/permits to apply for permits and submit plans. Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact the following individuals in the Building Department for questions related to:
• Permits Danielle email@example.com 763-494-6066
• Plan Review Jay firstname.lastname@example.org 612-597-8603
• Inspections Permit Tech Line 763-494-6060
The City of Maple Grove Building Department is responsible for administering the Minnesota State Building Code. This site is intended to provide you, our customer, with information to help you negotiate your way through the permitting process and to make your project a positive experience. Please take the time to browse through our site. If you have any comments or questions regarding our website or your experience with the Maple Grove Building Department, we would appreciate hearing from you.
- Every six years, the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry adopts new building codes designed to promote cost-effective ways of ensuring building safety and efficiency.
- Beginning March 31, 2020, all new construction and remodeling projects applied for must be designed to the 2020 Minnesota Building Codes, and the 2020 Minnesota family of codes.
- The last day we can accept plans designed to the 2015 Minnesota Building Codes and family of codes is March 30, 2020.
- Please stop by the Building Department if you have questions, or call us at 763-494-6060.
Building Inspections and Scheduling
7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Please have permit number to schedule inspection
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monthly Building Report
RPZ Test Form
Hennepin County regulates most septic systems in the county, to include inspections and enforcement. Two frequently requested forms are below. These forms may be printed and submitted to Hennepin County.
You may find more information on septic systems at the following link: www.hennepin.us/septic.