Contacts in Building:
Permit Technician - Inspections
Danielle Cheney - Permits
Jay Huseby - Plan review
All permit applications must be applied for electronically.
Inspection Scheduling and Permit Assistance
Certain residential permit inspections may be scheduled online. To schedule an inspection for your permit, you may search for your permit using your permit number or address, click on "inspections", and log in to schedule your inspection.
Permits available for eScheduling include:
- Residential plumbing permits
- Residential electrical permits
- Residential mechanical permits
- Residential building permits (excluding re-roof, re-side, and window permits)
Scheduling/Permit Assistance: 763-494-6060
Schedule Inspections: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Permit Assistance: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please have permit number or address available when calling.
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The City of Maple Grove Building Department is responsible for administering the Minnesota State Building Code. This site is intended to provide you, our customer, with information to help you negotiate your way through the permitting process and to make your project a positive experience. Please take the time to browse through our site. If you have any comments or questions regarding our website or your experience with the Maple Grove Building Department, we would appreciate hearing from you.
- Every six years, the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry adopts new building codes designed to promote cost-effective ways of ensuring building safety and efficiency.
- As of March 31, 2020, all new construction and remodeling projects applied for must be designed to the 2020 Minnesota Building Codes, and the 2020 Minnesota family of codes.
- The last day we accepted plans designed to the 2015 Minnesota Building Codes and family of codes was March 30, 2020.
- Please call 763-494-6060 with any questions.
RPZ test form
View and complete RPZ Test Form
Monthly building report
Hennepin County regulates most septic systems in the county, to include inspections and enforcement. Following are two frequently requested forms; they may be printed and submitted to Hennepin County.
View more information on septic systems.