In an effort to provide city services and reduce the spread of COVID-19, as of March 18, 2020, the Government Center will be open to limited access only. One point of access will be provided through the main front doors where a phone can be used to contact a staff member to assist you. Staff continues to be available via phone and email and many of our services are available online. Please consider using phone, email and online resources before visiting the Government Center.
Contacts in Engineering:
Main point of contact for department
Rhonda Gazette, Engineering Secretary
763-494-6350 - department main line
763-494-6361 - direct
Water Resources Engineer
Director of Public Works/City Engineer
Special Assessment Technician
Transportation Operations Engineer
Assistant Director of Public Works/Assistant City Engineer
Utility Operations Engineer
The Engineering Department is responsible for:
- Planning, design and supervision of construction of all city streets, sewers, and water lines.
- Other infrastructure issues, such as local transportation issues.
- Review of proposed plats for proper drainage and extension of utilities.
- Recording of final plats.
- Determining development assessments and sureties.
- Management of some recycling and yard waste programs.
If you have questions or concerns, please go to our YourGOV page to electronically submit your requests. For further questions, please contact us at 763-494-6350. For questions on special assessments, please send an email.