To continue to reduce the spread of COVID-19, please consider using our website, as well as phone and email for services before visiting the Government Center. Staff are available via phone and email, and many city services are available online (see Contact Us).
Contacts in Engineering:
John Hagen, Transportation Operations Engineer
Ken Ashfeld, Director of Public Works/City Engineer
The Engineering Department is responsible for:
- Planning, design and supervision of construction of all city streets, sewers, and water lines.
- Other infrastructure issues, such as local transportation issues.
- Review of proposed plats for proper drainage and extension of utilities.
- Recording of final plats.
- Determining development sureties and assessments.
- Management of some recycling and yard waste programs.
If you have questions or concerns, you may electronically submit your requests via SeeClickFix. For further questions, please contact us at 763-494-6350. For questions on special assessments, please send an email.