Fire Inspection staff is responsible for code compliance in new and existing buildings throughout the community.
- Reviewing plans
- Issuing permits
- Conducting initial and ongoing annual inspections
- Reviewing fire code complaints
- Investigating fires
- Conducting fire safety and prevention education
Report a Fire Code Violation:
- To report a fire code violation please email Maple Grove Fire Inspections.
- A Fire Watch Log Sheet will need to be completed for any business experiencing issues with a system that would require it being disabled for a period of time.
Fire Protection System Inspection, Testing & Maintenance
All fire protection systems in The City of Maple Grove are required by the fire code to be inspected tested and maintained on regular intervals. Please see the Minnesota State Fire Code to review the required inspections and timelines. The purpose of these inspections is to ensure the system will operate properly in the event of an incident, ensuring a safe environment by minimizing the risk of life and property loss.
Beginning March 1st, 2021, the City of Maple Grove has contracted with BRYCER, LLC to help manage the fire protections systems inspection, testing and maintenance program. All contractors who perform inspection, testing and maintenance services of fire protection systems are required to electronically submit all compliant and non-compliant reports to the department via www.thecomplianceengine.com
Fire Protections Systems electronically tracked by The Maple Grove Fire Department include:
- Automatic Fire Sprinkler
- Automatic Closing Fire Assemblies
- Five year Sprinkler Obstruction
- Fire Alarm System
- Commercial Kitchen Hood Suppression
- Commercial Kitchen Hood Cleaning
- Active Smoke Control System
- Private Hydrant System
- Fire Pump
- Spray Booth
- Emergency Generator
- Emergency Radio Responder Coverage System
- Special Suppression
- Fire Escape
Contractors are required to submit test results to the Maple Grove Fire Department on behalf of their customers.
Register with The Compliance Engine here.
Contact BRYCER, LLC for any training/support related questions at 1-630-413-9511 or email email@example.com