Recreational burn permit

Do I need a burning permit for a recreational fire?  Yes. Maple Grove residents may have recreational fires if they follow safety guidelines published by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, the State Fire Marshal Division and the Maple Grove Fire Department Policy. The City will provide a free recreational fire permit that lists these requirements.

What are the requirements?

Please refer to the State Fire Marshal Recreational Fire Information and the Maple Grove Fire Department Policy (.PDF).                                    

A permit will be emailed to you for future use. Permits issued will automatically renew. The permit is valid for the homeowner and property listed therein. If you move, the permit will no longer be valid.


Captcha Code

Click the image to see another captcha.

For additional information, call 763-494-6090 or email Fire Inspections.