Participants will learn about a variety of topics and participate in lectures, demonstrations, tours and hands-on exercises. At graduation, you will receive a certificate and become a member of the Citizens' Police Academy Alumni Association.
Tuesday evenings: September 29 - December 15, 2020, no class on November 3rd.
6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Residents, students or business owners of Maple Grove
Minimum age - 16 (under 18 years of age will be required to complete a release waiver signed by their parent or guardian)
Criminal background check required
Application deadline is September 15, 2020.
- Crime Trends, Prevention and Demographics
- Drug Enforcement and Identification
- D.A.R.E. Program
- DWI Enforcement
- Hennepin County Sheriff's Department Dispatch and Jail Tours
- School Liaison Program
- Special Operations
- Firearms Demonstration
- Civil Liability
- Police Pursuits
- Police Officer Training/Hiring
- Self-Defensive Tactics
- Police Ethics and Professional Standards of Conduct
If you have any questions, please contact an academy advisor.