Maple Grove issues permits for limited hunting of deer, geese and turkeys. To hunt in the city, you must possess a valid deer, goose, or turkey hunting permit signed by a designee of the Maple Grove Police Department.
To receive a permit to hunt, you must:
- Complete the permit application and include the signature of the landowner(s) giving you permission to hunt in a specific location.
- Return the completed application to the Hunting Coordinator at the Maple Grove Police Department.
- Pay a fee of $15 for deer or turkey hunting or $10 for goose hunting.
- Attend a hunter orientation class.
2019 Hunter orientation classes will be held at 6:00pm at the Maple Grove Government Center in the Emergency Operations Center (lower level) on the following dates: (I.D. is required to attend)
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019
2019 Hunting Requirements:
2019 Hunting Rules and Regulations
All Maple Grove hunters, regardless of age, are required to show proof of possessing a Firearm Safety Certificate, advanced hunter education, or bow hunter safety certificate (archers only).
For general information on firearm safety training, or to request a duplicate firearm safety certificate, call 888-646-6367 or 651-296-6157 or visit the DNR website.
Archery Turkey Hunting:
2019 Spring Season: Closed
2019 Fall Season: September 28 – October 27, 2019
2019 Early Canada Goose season: September 1 – 15, 2019
2019 Regular Season Opens: TBA
Late Season: TBD by MN DNR