Parks and Recreation
March 27th, 2020
The City of Maple Grove is actively monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The safety of our residents, participants and staff is of utmost importance, and we are keeping
that in the forefront of our decisions on programming and facility use. The City’s public safety
team is collaborating with county and state public health and emergency management officials, and
is adapting existing response plans as new information becomes available from public health
The following Maple Grove Park and Recreation closures and cancellations are in place:
• ALL park and recreation programs - Cancelled through May 4th
• Community Center – Closed until further notice
o Ice Arena,
o Grove Cove Aquatics
o Maple Maze
o Teen Center
o Senior Center
• Maple Grove Sports Dome – Closed until further notice
• Maple Grove Indoor Farmers Market April 2nd – Cancelled. Please check website
maplegrovefarmersmarket.com for next outdoor market date.
Summer Activity Guide registration has been rescheduled to open May 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Updates will be provided via our website and social media.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we try to protect the health of our
residents, participants and staff, while monitoring the evolving situation.
Visit Minnesota Department of Health’s website at http://bit.ly/mncoronavirus for the most
up-to-date information on COVID-19. Individuals in need of more information may call the MDH
COVID-19 Hotline at 651-201-3920.
MN Gov Press Release: https://mn.gov/governor/covid-19/covid-news.jsp?id=424820
Park and Recreation Department General Line:
Superintendent of Recreation
Superintendent of Parks and Planning
Community Center Manager
Director of Parks and Recreation
Office Hours & Directions
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
What does the Maple Grove Parks & Recreation Department do?
- Guides operational procedures and level of services.
- Over 40 full time employees and hundreds of seasonal employees work to provide facilities, maintain parks and trails, and run recreation programs and community-wide events.
- Operates the Community Center, Central Park, Town Green, and other parks and trails
- Builds new parks and trails.
- Manages natural open space in the community with the Public Works Department.
Current winter 2020 FAQ's
Where is the most up to date Park Planning information?
Community Center Community Needs Assessment: UPDATE
During late summer of 2019 the City of Maple Grove conducted a community needs assessment of the current Community Center facility and the surrounding campus. Working with consulting firm, HGA, the community was engaged through multiple outreach strategies including stake holder meetings, community open house, community comment cards, and through a national statistically valid survey conducted by Pros Consulting. Click here for a summary of the community input.
The Parks and Recreation Board, through its employees, is committed to provide prompt, responsive and courteous customer service to the public in its quest to provide quality leisure opportunities through park and recreation facilities and services which meet the interest and needs of all City residents.