The Splashpad is closed for the season! See you in 2021.
Splash Pad 2020 FAQs .
Are their capacity limits?
- Yes. The State of MN Minnesota Pool Code allows one person for every 15 square feet of water in a pool. Recirculated system splash pads for the purpose of COVID19 restrictions are the same as pools. The current COVID 19 restrictions allow for 50% capacity, 69 persons.
What changes should I expect?
- The Splash Pad deck area will be roped and sectioned off to provide an entry and exit point. Staff will monitor and count users within the designated splash pad zone to guide social distancing and maintain capacity regulations.
- If capacity is reached, staff will prohibit additional users from entering the designated zone.
Are the restrooms open?
- Yes. Public restrooms will be open Monday-Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. The restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized every morning and periodically as necessary.
Is the concession stand open?
- No. Unfortunately concessions will remain closed at this time.
MORE about the splashpad:
The interactive fountain is a 2100 sq. ft. plaza with 49 jet sprays and 18 arching sprays.
Fountain water is recycled through a filtration system and the water is reused, just like in a swimming pool, and beautiful LED lights turn the fountain into a light show once the sun goes down.
It’s free to play in the fountain, children and the young at heart are all welcome. You’ll find changing rooms and restrooms inside the park building.
Fountain rules for the safety of all:
- No lifeguard is on duty, all children must be actively supervised by an adult.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers (which are for sale in the park building) or plastic pants with tight fitting elastic. Regular disposal diapers are not allowed.
- Footwear is recommended.
- All users must exit the fountain area for 30 minutes if thunder or lightening are present.
The following items are prohibited in the fountain area:
- Food, beverage, tobacco products and gum.
- Glass, metal objects, soap or other materials that could create hazardous conditions.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals.
- Skateboards, inline skates, roller skates, scooters, bicycles and other wheeled vehicles.
- Running or rough play.
- Spitting or spouting of water and nose blowing.
- Use by persons with, or suspected of having, diarrhea or a communicable disease which could be transmitted through the fountain.
- Persons with large cuts or scrapes are advised not to use the fountain.
Capacity for this area for the summer of 2020 is 69 people.
Please note, dogs are not allowed in the interactive fountain.