An appointment is needed and each applicant must appear in person.
Form DS-11 will be used if any of the following are true:
- You are a first time applicant
- You are under the age of 18
- Your previous passport was issued over 15 years ago
- Your previous passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
- Your previous passport is badly damaged, lost, or stolen
- Your previous passport was in a different name and you are unable to submit proper documentation to reflect the name change
- Your previous passport was a limited validity passport
Download and print Form DS-11 or use the form filler available on the U.S. Department of State's website and print out the completed application when done.
Applications MUST be filled out in black ink. If pencil or another color is used, you will be required to fill out a new application.