When are property taxes due?
May 15 and October 15 of each year.
How do I pay?
Property tax payments are made to Hennepin County. For more information, see property tax payment options.
Where can I find more information?
- Hennepin County property resources and services provides information related to:
- Property information search: information regarding property taxes for a specific property
- Housing programs
- Property sales
- Maps and surveys
- Additional resources:
Annual assessment & property tax calendar
- January 2: Assessor’s office determines the annual assessment and property classification. This assessed value and property classification is the basis for property taxes payable the following year.
- February 1: Deadline for exempt property to file a property tax exemption.
- Hennepin County mails property tax statements to property owners.
- City of Maple Grove mails valuation and classification notices to property owners.
- City of Maple Grove conducts the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting. This meeting provides property owners with an appeal option for a property’s current valuation and/or property classification. Contact Assessing if you would like to attend the Local Board of Appeal and Equalization meeting.
- April 30: Deadline to file an appeal with the Minnesota Tax Court.
- May 1: Deadline to file a green acres and/or rural preserve application for the current year.
- May 15: First half of property taxes due to Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County conducts the County Board of Appeal and Equalization. This meeting provides property owners with a continued appeals option for a property’s current valuation and/or property classification. You must first attend the Maple Grove Local Board of Appeal and Equalization. To attend the County Board of Appeal and Equalization, contact the Hennepin County Assessor’s Office.
- July 1: Senior citizens deadline to file for the property tax deferral for the following tax year.
- August 15: Deadline to file property tax refund with the Minnesota Department of Revenue (Form M1PR).
- October 15: Second half of property taxes due to Hennepin County.
- Hennepin County mails truth-in-taxation notices to property owners.
- City of Maple Grove conducts truth-in taxation hearing.
- December 31: Deadline to qualify and apply for the homestead classification.