No separation of items is necessary. Simply place all items together in the single sort recycling container. Please rinse containers and allow them to dry before recycling them. In order to be an effective recycler, it is important to follow these simple guidelines. Just remember - Empty. Clean. Dry.
Hennepin County offers a great tool for learning where to recycle and dispose of items in their Green Disposal Guide.
The following items can be placed in your single sort recycling container:
PAPER & BOXES
- Mail, office and school papers
- Magazines and catalogs
- Newspapers and inserts
- Phone books
- Cereal and cracker boxes
- Shoe, gift and electronics boxes
- Toothpaste, medication & toiletry boxes
Bottles & Jugs:
- Water, soda and juice bottles
- Milk and juice jugs
- Ketchup and salad dressing bottles
- Dishwashing liquid bottles & detergent jugs
- Shampoo, soap and lotion bottles
Cups and Containers:
- Yogurt, pudding and fruit cups
- Disposable cups and bowls
- Margarine, cottage cheese, and other containers
- Produce, deli and take out containers
- Clear packaging from toys and electronics
- Milk cartons
- Juice boxes
- Soup, broth and wine cartons
Food and beverage bottles and jars
Food and beverage cans
- Shredded paper.
- Plastic wrap.
- Microwaveable food trays.
- Paper soiled with food, paper plates and towels.
- Drinking glasses.
- Containers that held hazardous products.
- Plastic shopping bags. (Several stores have receptacles in their entrances where plastic shopping bags may be recycled).