(Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964)
The City of Maple Grove pledges that you will have access to all our programs, services and benefits without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status. The City of Maple Grove will not tolerate discrimination by its employees or entities it contracts with for products and services. The City of Maple Grove prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in an individual:
- Being denied any service, financial aid or benefit provided under a program to which he or she may be otherwise entitled.
- Being held to different standards or requirements for participation.
- Experiencing segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program.
- Being subject to distinctions in quality, quantity or manner in which a benefit is provided.
- Experiencing discrimination in any activities conducted in a City of Maple Grove facility built in whole or part with Federal funds.
These rights are guaranteed to you under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which says in part:
- No person in the United State shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. (42 U.S.C. Sec200d)
In addition, Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, 1994 provides:
- Each Federal agency shall make achieving environmental justice part of its mission by identifying and addressing, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects of its programs, policies, and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.
If you believe that you have been discriminated against in relationship to the City of Maple Grove because of your race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or socioeconomic status, you may file a written complaint with the City of Maple Grove at this address:
- City Administrator, City of Maple Grove, P.O. Box 1180, 12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway, Maple Grove, MN 55311
Complete copy of the City of Maple’s adopted Title VI Plan for Maple Grove Transit (.PDF)
The Title VI Plan and other Maple Grove Transit documents can be translated into different languages by making a request to:
City of Maple Grove
12800 Arbor Lakes Parkway
P.O. Box 1180
Maple Grove, MN 55311
For transit information in the following language formats, please go to www.metrotransit.org:
Upon request, this publication will be made available in alternative formats to people with disabilities. Call the Council at 651-602-1140 (TTY 651-291-0904).