2019 overview of service
- The City of Maple Grove established Maple Grove Transit (MGT) in June 1990.
- The City contracts with transit companies to provide the service. The City’s Transit Administrator conducts operations oversight, transit planning, facility management, administration, customer service, and marketing. MGT has a Transit Commission to provide user input into the operation and planning of the system.
- MGT offers 107 express trips to and from Minneapolis utilizing the following five routes: 780, 781, 782, 783, 785 and 789. The map and schedule brochure provides all the details you need to know about riding these buses.
- The commuter service utilizes five park-and-rides lots. The Maple Grove Transit Station on the Route 781 has a three-level 926-stall parking ramp and an indoor, climate-controlled waiting area. Parkway Station on the Route 785 has an 800-stall parking ramp with an indoor station.
- The express bus fleet consists of eleven 66-passenger articulated buses, twenty 45-passenger coach buses, eight 38-passenger standard transit buses and one 25-passenger shuttle bus. All express buses have free Wi Fi service.
- Maple Grove follows the regional fixed route fare structure. Peak express bus trips are $3.25. Maple Grove accepts all Metro Passes, GoTo Card, and U Passes, which are available online or at the Maple Grove Cub Foods. Mobile fares are available through the Metro Transit app.
- The MY RIDE service is an advance reservation, shared-ride, curb-to-curb service available to the general public weekdays from 6 AM to 6 PM and Saturday 7 AM to 4 PM. The service area is within the City of Maple Grove boundaries, plus service to City of Osseo, Hennepin Technical College, North Hennepin Community College and Starlight Transit Station. The fare is $1.75 per one way ride. There are seven small buses used in this service. Mobile apps are available to book, manage, and pay for rides.
- Maple Grove Transit averages between 3,400 riders per day. Riders cite the following reasons why they use Maple Grove Transit: frequent and convenient service, faster commute than driving, hassle free commute, economical, environmentally friendly, Guaranteed Ride Home program, and great customer service.
- Route 781 and 785 are one of the most productive and efficient express route in the region with more than 50 riders per service hour. Its farebox recovery rates exceed 60 percent where the regional goal is 30 percent.
2018 budget figures and key statistics
Express routes / Trips
Park and ride lots
Historical ridership 1990 - 2018
6 / 107